Up The Palms
‘The Palms’ hiking tour takes guests into the historic farming village of Belvedere in St. Andrew, one of the island’s most remote mountain villages. Travel to and from the hiking area aboard unique, open back 4 x 4 vehicles that give you a 360° panoramic view and allow you to really immerse into the natural atmosphere that will surround you on this tour.
The tour experience takes you through farmers’ trails and a very scenic climb of over 400 meters to one of the most picturesque mountaintops on the Spice Isle guided by some of Grenada’s most experienced hikers. With spectacular panoramic views down to the southernmost tip of the island, the Atlantic coastline, Caribbean Sea and scenic hills and valleys all around it is indeed a most breathtaking experience at the summit.
On this tour guests will see and sample a variety of local fruits and vegetables, observe and learn about exotic spices and medicinal plants while exploring a pristine rainforest. This trail also has one of the largest variety of tropical palms growing naturally anywhere on the island.
At the end of the hike guests will enjoy a typical local Grenadian dish cooked at our local farmhouse along with fruits and beverages from the farms around.
The tour returns via the beautiful western coastline through the historic fishing town of Gouyave past the Kirani James Athletic Stadium and through the capital city of St. George’s with photo opportunities to capture your memories forever.
Tour timing: 5 hours
Tour minimum – 6 persons
This tour is available daily (Sunday to Saturday) from 9:00am
Things to note
- This is a fully guided tour.
- Reservation is required for this tour.
- Minimum Age: 12 years
- Tour vehicles are equipped with USB charging port for cameras and mobile phones. Chargers are not available.
- This tour has a difficulty rating of medium intensity.
- Guests must be prepared to face wet and muddy slopes with bushy terrain
- Operating Minimum: 5 person per tour
- Maximum Weight: Healthy weight conducive to climbing mountainous terrain
- This tour may be unsuitable for the physically challenged and persons with neck, back respiratory and heart conditions.
- Tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions at short notice. This is totally beyond the control of the staff of Funtastic Island Adventures.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to the start of the tour.
- Refreshment is available on board jeeps. Lunch and other refreshments are served as part of this tour.
- Vegetarian lunch option is available.
What to bring/wear
- Please wear comfortable/loose clothing that will facilitate climbing up and down mountainous terrain. Long tights, track pants or slacks, preferably long sleeve tops and hiking boots or comfortable sneakers. Bottled water
- Towel and change of clothing for post hike.
- Sun bloc and repellant may also be desirable.
And of course please bring your fun loving and adventurous self and be in for a FUNTASTIC time!!
For Reservations and Pricing: