Fed from sources located deep in the island’s interior, the Balthazar River is not named Grenada’s ‘GREAT RIVER’ for nothing. Nestled between the exotic and magnificent tropical rainforest, flora, fauna and enchanting history of the Balthazar Estate, it is the ideal place for our guests to experience the unique blend of nature and adventure.
Approximately 40 - 45 minutes of driving out of St. George, come either via the rolling but scenic interior of the Grand Etang Rainforest Reserve, or along the breath taking Eastern Atlantic coastline.
On arrival you will be met by our friendly tour guides for the introduction and safety briefing. Be sure to try to memorize their river names as it is sure to provoke some fun on the water!!
Snap on your life vests and helmets, step to the river’s edge and you are ready to go on a FUNtastic river ride……… Wet, wild and wonderful from the word go!! Our skilled guides will accompany and entertain you on the journey, as you gently spin and swirl in the currents of the river. Take in the exotic scenery of tropical vegetation on this thrilling ride down the river, stopping only in the pools along the way to be entertained while you catch a breath. Then finally at the last pool, an opportunity for a swim before you enjoy a much deserved Rum Punch or glass of local fruit juice, before returning to your “home away from home”.
This tour is available daily from 9:00a.m.
Things to note
- This is a fully guided tour.
- Reservation is required for this tour.
- Shower and changing rooms are available.
- Helmets and life vests are provided. It is mandatory to wear these on tour.
- Children under 5 years are not charged and can share a tube with their parents.
- Maximum Weight: 250 lbs. (115 kg.).
- Operating Minimum: 4 passengers per tour / Maximum: 40 passengers per tour.
- This tour may be unsuitable for the physically challenged and persons with neck, back and heart conditions.
- Tours may be cancelled due to weather and river conditions at short notice. This is totally beyond the control of the staff of Funtastic Island Adventures Ltd.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to the start of the tour.
- Refreshment will consist of one (1) complimentary drink of either fruit juice or rum punch per person on tour.
What to bring
- Please bring a towel.
- Please wear swim suit/trunks or clothing suitable for water.
- Please bring water shoes or sneakers to wear on the water. Slippers are not suitable as they can get lost in the water.
- Sun bloc and repellant may also be desirable.
And of course please bring your fun loving and adventurous self and be in for a FUNTASTIC time!!
For Reservations and Pricing: