Experience nature at its best on this explorer tour for the true nature lover. This un-spoilt Forest Reserve is a favorite of many simply because of its natural beauty and wildlife that beckons every explorer and even the casual passer-by. There is a wealth of photographic memories to be had here as well.
This tour takes you through the island’s scenic center via our unique, open-back 4 x 4 jeeps that affords you a 360° panoramic view all around, to the starting point at the Welcome Center of the Reserve. Enjoy the surrounds of the Welcome Center before starting out on the many trails around the Forest Reserve. The cool breezes will keep you feeling invigorated as will some of the sights of the northern and western areas of the island from the hills around the Reserve. After trekking through the trails some light refreshment at the picturesque Grand Etang Lake will prepare you for eh next half of this tour.
From the Grand Etang Lake the tour continues along the road through more of the Forest Reserve to the upper Birchgrove to begin the trek to the serene but beautiful Adelphi Falls – the perfect ending to an awesome tour! Get a glimpse of farming in action and even sample fresh local fruits on the way in, and once there dive into the cool refreshing crystal clear waters and soak or swim to your heart’s content before returning to you hotel, guest house, ship or home.
Tour timing: 4 hours
Tour minimum – 6 persons
Tour available daily at 9:00a.m.
Things to note
- This is a fully guided tour.
- Reservation is required for this tour.
- Tour vehicles are equipped with USB charging port for cameras and mobile phones. Chargers are not available.
- On-board refreshment including seasonal fruits available.
- Children under 5 years are not charged. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Operating Minimum: 4 passengers per tour.
- This tour may be unsuitable for the physically challenged and persons with neck, back and heart conditions.
- Tours may be cancelled due to weather conditions at short notice. This is totally beyond the control of the staff of Funtastic Island Adventures.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to the start of the tour.
What to bring/wear
- Please wear comfortable/loose clothing that will facilitate climbing in and out of the jeep without problems.
- Please bring a towel and change of clothes.
- Please wear swim suit/trunks or clothing that can get wet.
- Please bring/wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking. Sneakers or other sturdy, closed toe shoes, shoes that can get wet are recommended. Sandals with straps or heels should not be used.
- Hats, caps, Sun bloc and repellant may also be desirable.
And of course please bring your fun loving and adventurous self and be in for a FUNTASTIC time!!
For Reservations and Pricing: