A MUST DO tour for the true Fun Adventurer! This tour showcases the beauty of Pure Grenada in a fun and exciting way from start to finish aboard our unique, open-back 4 x 4 jeeps that affords you a 360° panoramic view. Travel up the scenic eastern coastline on to the town of Grenville the first part of this tour taking in some of the sights and sounds of the Spice Isle. Stops at the well known Westerhall Estate, the historic Battle Hill, the preparation and sampling of sea eggs and/or sea moss (seasonal) will have you immersed in the rich history and culture of the island. Get off the main road for a short trek through some of the eastern villages to get a glimpse of their way of life.
From the town of Grenville the tour moves deep inland to the Clabone Sulphur Pond, getting off the main roads and trekking through the dense undergrowth on the way in, sampling freshly picked fruits, and gaining some local knowledge of the flora and fauna, revealing unique and refreshing streams on the way up to the Pond. Once there a swim in the warm water will leave your skin and body feeling revitalized. You can even sample the natural ‘soda water’ from a nearby flow.
From here it gets even better! Downward and onward through villages to the Balthazar River for the ride of your life on the currents of Grenada’s ‘Great River’. Wet, wild and wonderful from the word go!! Our skilled guides will accompany and entertain you on the journey, as you gently spin and swirl in the currents of the river. Take in the exotic scenery of tropical vegetation on this thrilling ride down the river, stopping only in the pools along the way to be entertained while you catch a breath. Then finally at the last pool, an opportunity for a swim before you enjoy a much deserved Rum or Fruit Punch.
After so much fun and excitement on the river, climb back aboard the jeeps and bring down your heart rate with a relaxing drive through the rolling but scenic hills of the Grand Etang Forest Reserve for a brief photo stop at the Grand Etang Welcome Center where you might be lucky to catch a glimpse of the popular Mona monkey. From there continue on through villages with more fantastic views and photo opportunities to ensure you have wonderful memories to take with you.
Tour timing: 5 hours
**Lunch option is also available for this tour
Tour available daily at 9:00am
Things to note
- This is a fully guided tour.
- Reservation is required for this tour.
- Tour vehicles are equipped with USB charging port for cameras and mobile phones. Chargers are not available.
- On-board refreshment including seasonal fruits available.
- Children under 5 years are not charged. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Operating Minimum: 4 passengers per tour.
- This tour may be unsuitable for the physically challenged and persons with neck, back and heart conditions.
- Tours may be cancelled due to weather conditions at short notice. This is totally beyond the control of the staff of Funtastic Island Adventures.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to the start of the tour.
What to bring/wear
- Please wear comfortable/loose clothing that will facilitate climbing in and out of the jeep without problems.
- Please bring a towel and change of clothes.
- Please wear swim suit/trunks or clothing that can get wet. Please avoid white where possible as the possibility of staining from the Sulphur pond increases with this colour.
- Please bring/wear comfortable shoes suitable for a short walk to the Sulphur Pond. Sneakers or other sturdy, closed toe shoes are recommended. Sandals with straps or heels should not be used.
- Hats, caps, Sun bloc and repellant may also be desirable.
And of course please bring your fun loving and adventurous self and be in for a FUNTASTIC time!!
For Reservations and Pricing: