History & Adventure Tour
Grenada is known to be one of the Caribbean islands richest in history and culture. This tour gives our guest a look into the fascinating and absorbing history of the Spice isle from wars to revolutions to historic achievements and food mixed with relics and architectural gems. Come with us as we take you on an enchanting trip down memory lane that would reveal snippets of our history and culture that shows you why we are known as ‘resilient’ nation.
The intrigue starts at the picturesque Port Louis Marina, the site of Grenada’s first town and fort and also volcanic crater then goes on to the historic Fort Frederick with two smaller forts in its surrounds Matthew and Adolphus. In addition to its captivating history, the views are just spectacular.
From there the tour continues up the scenic eastern coastline through the Westerhall Estate and then to the parish of St. Andrew or Morne De Combat as originally named by the French. Starting at Battle Hill – aptly named – to the town of Grenville with its architectural vestiges, to the Paradise Bridge and the Pearls Airport, explore and be fascinated by the stories of some truly historic gems.
Now that you are hungering for more, here is where we introduce you to historic cuisine and culture. Come with us to the community of La Poterie to the site of an Amerindian dig on the eastern coastline with spectacular scenery and the vibrant breezes coming off the Atlantic Ocean. Kick back and be ready to be served up an enticing cultural meal. The ‘Saraca’ celebration in Grenada is one of food, dance, cultural energy, community spirit and more. We recreate this experience for you here to the beat of drums and dance by members of the Tivoli Drummers as you feast, you can even get to try your hand and feet at drumming and dancing. This experience is sure to leave you replete with energy.
This amazing experience will have you recounting all the way to the next stop in the community of Hermitage, St. Patrick the site of an old Slave Pen and then to Leapers Hill or Morne De Sauteurs for more historic adventures. We then continue down the western coastline to the community of Duquesne to view the Amerindian Petroglyphs, continuing on after through the historic town of Gouyave and onto the capital city of St. George with its interesting old Georgian architecture before returning to your hotel or drop off point.
Call or use the booking form below to get pricing
Introductory offer: Receive a 15% discount!
This tour is available Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday from 9:00am to 4pm. Tours are usually confirmed (24) hours after receiving a booking. Bookings via phone can be immediately confirmed. Availability is subject to operating minimums.
Tour briefing: Approx. 10 minutes.
Pick up & drop off: Yes (town of St. George, Grand Anse).
Tour time: Approx. 7 hours.
- Please wear comfortable/loose clothing and shoes that will facilitate climbing in and out of the jeep without problems.
- Please wear comfortable shoes that are suitable for short walks. Shoes with heels are not recommended.
- Hat, cap, sun glasses and sun bloc and repellant may also be desirable.
And of course please bring your fun loving and adventurous self and be in for a FUNTASTIC time!!
- This is a fully guided tour.
- Reservation is required for this tour.
- Tour vehicles are equipped with USB charging port for cameras and mobile phones. Chargers are not available.
- On-board refreshment including seasonal fruits available.
- Children under 5 years are not charged. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Operating Minimum: 4 passengers per tour
- This tour may be unsuitable for the physically challenged and persons with neck, back and heart conditions.
- Tours may be cancelled due to weather conditions at short notice. This is totally beyond the control of the staff of Funtastic Island Adventures.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to the start of the tour.
Water World Tours
A Funtastic ride down Grenada's great Balthazar river!
Chasing Waterfalls (HDT)
HALF DAY TOUR - Visit to (3) waterfalls around the island
Chasing Waterfalls (FDT)
FULL DAY TOUR - Visit/trek to (4) waterfalls deep in the islands interior with light lunch