A picturesque waterfall, rolling hills, scenic valleys, a spectacular crater lake, the highest peak, ‘black gold’, delectable chocolate, sumptuous local cuisine, the aroma and taste of local rum, market scenery and more breathtaking views……
Experience the essence of the spice isle on this fully guided tour like no other! Come aboard our comfortably outfitted 4 x 4 vehicles that not only afford you a 360° panoramic view all around, but also allow you to really feel the touch of nature in the cool breezes wafting off the lush green hills and valleys enjoying on-board refreshment including seasonal fruits as you go along. Start along the scenic western coastline of the island up to the first stop to get a glimpse of Grenada’s ‘black gold’ at the Gouyave Nutmeg Pool. Continue north bound to the Diamond Chocolate Factory to delve into the making of one of Grenada’s most delectable chocolates, Jourvert. You may even get to dance on some cocoa beans as well.
The tour continues, heading north to the historic and welcoming Belmont Estate for a sumptuous local buffet lunch in a totally relaxing environment. With the palate awakened and the appetite satisfied indulge in the sampling of top tier local rum at the River Antoine Distillery while seeing how it is made.
The tour then heads toward the east coast through villages to the bustling town of Grenville giving you a brief peep into the ‘way of life’ in these areas and then back through the central spine via the rolling but scenic hills of the Grand Etang Forest Reserve to the Welcome Center and the picturesque Grand Etang Lake.
End the day with a short but well deserved swim in the cool, refreshing waters of the of Annandale Waterfall before heading back to your hotel.
Tour timing: Approximately 7 hours
Tour Minimum: 4 persons
NB: This price is inclusive of entrance fees, refreshment, lunch and transportation.
This tour is available weekly every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30am to 3:30pm. Availability is subject to operating minimums.
Things to note
- This is a fully guided tour.
- Reservation is required for this tour.
- Tour vehicles are equipped with USB charging port for cameras and mobile phones. Chargers are not available.
- On-board refreshment including seasonal fruits available.
- Children under 5 years are not charged. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Operating Minimum: 4 passengers per tour.
- This tour may be unsuitable for the physically challenged and persons with neck, back and heart conditions.
- Tours may be cancelled due to weather conditions at short notice. This is totally beyond the control of the staff of Funtastic Island Adventures.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to the start of the tour.
What to bring/wear
- Please wear comfortable/loose clothing and shoes that will facilitate climbing in and out of the jeep without problems.
- Please wear comfortable shoes that are suitable for short walks. Shoes with heels are not recommended.
- Please bring a towel and change of clothes.
- Please wear swim suit/trunks or clothing that can get wet.
- Sun bloc and repellant may also be desirable.
And of course please bring your fun loving and adventurous self and be in for a FUNTASTIC time!!
For Reservations and Pricing: