A Chocoholic's Delight!
Chocolate is often referred to as ‘The food of the Gods’, so where there is chocolate made from one of the world’s best cocoa, a chocoholic will be in chocolate ‘heaven’.
A relaxing drive up the western coastline feeling the breeze and smelling the salt coming off the gentle Caribbean Sea will prepare you for the first stop at Diamond Chocolate Factory. Here you will be introduced to the ‘hottest’ chocolate on the local market – Jouvay . Get to know the process of making this popular brand and sample some of the different flavors of this delectable delight such as the loved ginger flavor, or nutmeg or just the tasty chocolate nibs.
The tour continues northward to the Grenada Chocolate Factory at Hermitage in St. Patrick to get a glimpse into the making of the Grenada Chocolate another of the island sumptuous brands. Sample the finished product and even purchase a bar or two to take with you.
On to the Belmont Estate we go to get an inside look into the ‘state of the art’ production process in a very relaxing environment. The friendly staff will make the experience even more awesome. See and sample the varieties of the Belmont Estate Chocolates from dark to light and of course you can purchase a bar or two to take away.
The tour then makes its way back to the south of the island through the parish of St. Andrew, and through the gentle hills of the Grand Etang Forest Reserve and on to the final stop at the Grenada Sugar Factory to top of a great experience with Amazin Liqueur from Clark’s Court. This chocolate flavored liqueur will hit the spot complementing all the chocolate products sampled during the day.
Tour timing: Approximately 5 hours
Tour Minimum: 4 persons
This tour is available weekly every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00a.m. Availability is subject to operating minimums.
Things to note
- This is a fully guided tour.
- Reservation is required for this tour.
- Tour vehicles are equipped with USB charging port for cameras and mobile phones. Chargers are not available.
- On-board refreshment including seasonal fruits available.
- Children under 5 years are not charged. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Operating Minimum: 4 passengers per tour.
- This tour may be unsuitable for the physically challenged and persons with neck, back and heart conditions.
- Tours may be cancelled due to weather conditions at short notice. This is totally beyond the control of the staff of Funtastic Island Adventures.
- All guests will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to the start of the tour.
What to bring/wear
- Please wear comfortable/loose clothing and shoes that will facilitate climbing in and out of the jeep without problems.
- Please wear comfortable shoes that are suitable for short walks. Shoes with heels are not recommended.
- Sun bloc and repellant may also be desirable.
For Reservations and Pricing: